You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to KDE-Forum.org. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, May 23rd 2007, 7:19am

Fedore Core 6 installation problem on compaq presario vt6000

Hi,

I recently installed FC6 (x86_64)on compaq presario vt6000 (AMD 64 bit Turion) laptop. Initially I did not choose installation option and installation went fine. Later I realized, I wanted KDE and GNOME both installed. When I reinstalled both, initially login screen came and I could login. then I pressed CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE to swicth desktop to KDE and made as default desktop.

After some time I rebooted the system, just before log in screen system got stuck and I could see only blank screen. I also noticed that HD read light stopped blinking, I wondered if anything is happening in the background. waited for 4-5 mins, nothing happened, so I did hard reboot. Again same problem.

Not sure if this is due to KDE because only gnome worked fine.

I also have windows vista installed on my laptop. I could switch to vista without a problem. But FC6 is not starting

Please help.

Regards,
Ujjwal